Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tie-Dye Cupcakes

I've been absent from the blog for about two weeks, and although it wasn't planned, it was a nice break.  Summer is ending and my junior year of college is starting in just 8 days! Someone please remind me when I turned old? I'm going camping with Kristopher's family for Labor Day weekend, and wanted to get a post up before I leave for 3 days. I am super excited about some upcoming posts this Fall and Winter- I've got a ton planned :)

These cupcakes are super easy and don't require much more than making regular boxed cupcakes- Just a box of food coloring!

Using your choice of vanilla cake mix, make as usual and evenly divide it into as many cups as colors you want in your cupcakes. I did the standard ROY G BIV. Add food coloring to each cup until it is the desired color you want. 
I ended up using more food coloring than what I had originally put in. 

Fill a cupcake tin with liners and drop by the spoonful into each liner. Don't mix the colors in the liners, just drop it in. You can use as much or as little as an colors you want. I tried to put at least a spoonful of each color into every cupcake. Bake according to the directions on the box of cupcakes, and you're finished! These are super easy and fun, and often overlooked or deemed as impossible. Ice them with your choice of icing. My aunt suggested making these for her daughter's birthday snack at school (probably because she doesn't feel like making them herself. lol) but I'm sure those 2nd graders will be surprised when they bite into them!



1 comment: